Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Poetry

I now know that it is physically possible for me to write a post soon after I posted that last one. So hey world. What's up?
Today I am going to discuss poetry. In English we have been reading and listening to poetry being recited on Poetry out Loud. I think it is an interesting program. Nationwide poetry reading contest. Fun stuff. The only problem is I don't like a lot of the poems. I don't like a lot of more modern poetry. I like things like "The Lady of Shalott" and "The Raven" and stuff like that. You know, classics. I like some of them but in general I find some poems just kind of weird and pointless. Seriously, do we all care about how this happened or that occurred or whatchamacallit. I personally don't care at all. Maybe I am a terrible person who doesn't care about other people's feeling or emotions or what they are thinking. Or maybe I just come across poetry that I don't like very much. Maybe I should start caring about these random people I don't know more. Even if they are dead or I will never meet them as long as I live. That is beside the point. The point is that modern poetry kind of sucks and if we want to read good poetry, in my humble opinion, we have to travel beck at least one hundred years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment